Before Understanding about WordPress, you must understand about Content management system.
Content management system (CMS) =
Content management system is server side platform that allows you to build your website and upload content using Graphic User Interference (GUI) elements such as text editors.
WordPress is a commonly used CMS because it is easy to use and search engine friendly. You can use WordPress to create blogs, websites, and simple e-commerce stores.
There are many other content management system are available, But WordPress is most easiest one. Its too easy that anyone can make professional website without any coding knowledge.
Now its a good time to understand about WordPress Content Management System.
Although WordPress was originally a blogging CMS, it is now used to build corporate websites and e-commerce stores. Each WordPress website has an admin page where you can add content, change the website layout, or add features and functions. WordPress is based on the PHP (Hypertext Processor) programming language that is used to create dynamic web pages.
Features of WordPress.
- Easiest to build website.
- Developer can create any type of website like blog website, personal, government, magazine news etc.
- Provides more than 2000 beautiful themes.
- Provides more than 2000 plugins.
- Easy to write post and pages.
- Search engine Optimization is easier than other platform.
- WordPress provides built-in comments.
to see features in detail visit word press official site.
The admin page of WordPress in known as WordPress dashboard.
You will get all the functionality here. You can click here to Lean more about WordPress dashboard.