When Google finds any misuse of their algorithm, they include some more things in their algorithm and upgrade it.
Till now, Google upgraded their algorithm frequently and every time webmasters affected badly who misused them.
Google takes very much importance on the relevancy and satisfaction of users. Hence Google is number 1 search engine in the world. Everyone knows prevention is better than cure. So, it is better to be safe from Google Panda Algorithm and Google penguin algorithm.
Before understanding “How to be safe from Google Penguin and panda algorithm”, lets know about Google panda and Penguin algorithm.
Google Panda algorithm
Launched: 23 February 2011.
Recent update: 17 July 2015 (28th update of Google panda algorithm).
Target: Google Panda Algorithm affects the Sites that have low quality, spun, incomplete or duplicate content
Lots of well ranked sites and pages, who have low quality content, were affected badly. Google was actually said that “Even If you have a great site, but if you have a bunch of pages that have low quality content, they can downgrade your rest of the site ranking.
What to do if you want to be safe from Google panda algorithm?
- Avoid duplicate content and add some unique content that written by you.
- Publish some high quality content in such a way that the user feels its useful, which encourages the user to share.
- Create content by considering user not a search engine.
- Avoid low quality content, otherwise the user will neglect it, that might increase bounce rate, which puts bad impact of your website behaviour. Content should not be too brief or incomplete.
- Limit advertisement on your site that might affect user experience. Limit Popups ads, Also remove ads that hides your content behind it. Else, user could not read content unless closing the ad which may frustrate the user.
- Ask yourself, “what does your site provides the content that no one provides and useful to the user?”
- Engage your visitors in your site; keep visitors on your blog long time. Improved average duration of your site would be beneficial.
- Improve website speed.
- If you have a guest blogging site then you should keep track on every post posted by your guest. Make a tough guest blogging policy that punish the authors having a Duplicated or Spun articles and take actions according to policy.
- Do not copy paste your content on guest blogging site.
How to recover site affected from panda algorithm?
The main reason behind to make a panda algorithm is to rank websites that have good content and user experience. Hence, webmaster should also consider these aspects as recovery from panda.
- Remove low quality or duplicate contents.
- Add some contents in the incomplete pages.
- Try to improve website speed.
- If your site have lots of advertising banners, popups, then remove it. 2-3 advertising banners per page are acceptable.
Whats Matt Cutts said about thin content, see in this video.
Google penguin algorithm.
Launched: 24 April 2012.
Recent update: 10 December 2014 (penguin 3.1).
Target: Spammers, unnatural manipulation.
Google Penguin algorithm targets those websites caught in bad link building strategies.
What to do if you want to be safe from Google penguin algorithm?
- Don’t purchase links.
- Don’t participate in link exchange.
- Don’t comment on other website especially for advertising.
- Don’t do spamming.
- Only submit your website in trusted directories such as Google directory, yahoo directory, Moz directory etc.
- Before posting links on social networking site, ask question yourself, if anyone posted link like you, will you click on it?
- Some people put bikini girls or adult photo and put the link of non-adult site. Don’t do that.
- If your website link seen on the other website which niche is different than your site then Google may penalize.
- Don’t write the same keyword frequently in same article, it may consider as keyword stuffing.
How to recover site affected from penguin algorithm?
If your website goes at a high ranking, there may be possibility that your competitor may try to put your website against the penguin algorithm rule. Competitor can use your website for spamming; can obtain low quality links for your website, Because he wants to take your place. Penguin algorithm will think you have done all this and demote your website. But you know you haven’t done this. Then you should remove low quality links.
There are lots of backlink checker tools available. Check backlinks of your website. If you found any low quality links, then ask the webmaster of that particular domain from that you want to remove backlink.
Sometime it’s not possible to contact all webmasters. Hence Google has introduced disavow tool that can help you to remove links.
Following two videos will help you to understand about unnatural links and disavow links.