SEO Factors helps the Search Engine Indexer to index and rank the webpages on Search Engine Ranking Pages for specified and relevant keywords. Therefore, Every blogger and webmaster should know these factors to make a SEO strategy. We have listed some SEO factors Categorized by On-Page and Off-Page SEO Factors.
Some webmaster needs an instant results and they starts misusing the Search Engine Algorithms. We have also listed some negative factors categorized by On-page and Off Page SEO Factors. Google have a Panda and Penguin algorithm to penalize such websites.
SEO factors can be categorized in Two Main categories.
- On Page SEO Factors.
- Off Page SEO Factors.
On-page SEO Factors :
On-Page SEO factors are based on the content and the metadata available on the website. Search Engines use On-Page SEO factors to checks the relevancy of the webpage. Search Engine decides the relevant keywords for the webpage on the basis of On-Page SEO.
The following factors are On Page SEO factors:
- Unique content on the page or post.
- Freshness of page creation
- Ratio between Text vs HTML.
- Use of outbound link (link of other website related to post).
- Use of Advertising (specially Google Adsense).
- Change or update of outdated content (ex. score update of sport website).
- Words count in post or page.
- Proper use of meta description tag in your post/page.
- Proper use of keywords of your post/page.
- Proper and unique title of your post/page.
- Loading speed of your website (check your website speed)
- URL contains keyword.
- Speed of website on mobile. ( To reduce speed create mobile version of website or choose responsive theme).
Negative On-Page SEO Factors:
Webmaster uses negative On-Page SEO factors can be Penalized by Google Panda algorithm.
Keyword stuffing can be done by using same keyword lots of times in page to improve rank on Search Engine. Now this technique will no longer helps. If keyword density is more than limit then Google will downgrade your website. Want to see example of Keyword stuffing. Click here.
Some webmasters copies content directly from high ranked websites and put in their website that causes duplicate content.
If your site contains duplicate content block it with noindex meta tag. Else Google will remove your site from search result.
Click here to see more about it.
Off-page SEO Factors:
Search Engine uses the Off-Page SEO factors to to check the popularity and trust of webpages. Some Off-Page SEO factors are listed below.
- Your webpage link appear in another website (Backlinks).
- Page Rank.
- Length of domain registration.
- Use of sitemap.
- Social Reputation and shares.
- Country, state, city.
- Backlinks (External links) from trusted sites.
- Alexa ranking.
- Server uptime.
- Average spent time used by to read content of your website.
- Bounce rate (reader reads only one page of your website) should be less for better ranking.
Negative Off-Page SEO Factors
Webmaster uses negative Off-Page SEO factors can be Penalized by Google Penguin algorithm.
Any link which only created to improve page rank in Google search may violet Google T&C.
- cross links (website 1 has link of website 2 and website 2 has link of website 1).
- Buying or selling links that pass Google page rank.
- Use of Automated program that creates links for your site.
- Forum comment with optimizing link.
Advertise on search Engine may that passes page rank may also violets guidelines of Google webmaster.
To prevent from this use rel=”nofollow” in anchor tag.
To know more about this click here.
Spamming is messaging system that sends bulk of messages or sends message frequently. If you have ever received comment looks like advertisement then you have encountered comment spam. To see how to prevent from this click here.
The link found in other website whose niche is completely different violates the Search Engine Guidelines and may be penalized by taking appropriate action.