About WP user avatar WordPress Plugin.
Frequently Asked Question:
I can’t change my avatar through WordPress, how to change the avatar?
According to me the best answer is, use WP user avatar WordPress plugin.
WordPress had removed the option of customize avatar after its 2.6th update. After updating to WordPress 2.6, webmaster couldn’t change or update their avatar. There were lots of questions raised for this topic. Flippercode team created this plugin by considering above FAQ.
How to get the WP user avatar plugin?
Download WP user avatar plugin (download link is given above.), upload it and install.
Activate the plugin after install. You will see the menu named as Avatars.
Click on avatar to customize.
There are three options.
- Add avatar button to Visual Editor.
- Allow Contributors & Subscribers to upload avatars.
- Disable Gravatar and use only local avatars.
Upload size limit:
You can set the upload limit for contributors and subscribers.
There are following options.
- Allow users to edit avatars.
- Resize avatars on upload.
- Crop avatars to exact dimensions.
You can show or hide avatar.
- G — Suitable for all audiences.
- PG — Possibly offensive, usually for audiences 13 and above.
- R — Intended for adult audiences above 17.
- X — Even more mature than above.
If user hasn’t set any avatar, then default avatar will be shown.
You can also upload avatar directly into post.
Click on insert WP user avatar tool from visual interface.
You can also write user=”admin” size=”96″ align=”left” link=”file” / under square brackets  by using text interface.